North Country Transmission Commission
- Press Release issued 4/29/2010, announces the selection and contract approval of KEMA, Inc to develop an Action Plan and Cost Allocation Methodology to address the upgrade of transmission lines in Coos County to encourage additional development of renewable energy generation.
Commission To Develop A Plan For The Expansion Of Transmission Capacity In The North Country (Pursuant to SB 383, Chapter 348, Laws of N.H. 2008)
- Progress Report (December 1, 2008)
- Attachments: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S
November 9, 2010, 10:00 a.m., Public Utilities Commission, Hearing Room B
October 4, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Berlin, NH. - White Mountains Community College,
2020 Riverside Drive (Route 16), (three miles north of the down-town area),
Berlin, NH 03570
- June 24, 2010 at
7:00 p.m., Public Meeting re Transmission Line Action Plan & Cost Allocation Methodologies, White Mountains Regional High School, Whitefield, NH
- June 17, 2010, at 10:00 a.m., Gregg Public Safety Academy on the campus of Granite State College in Littleton, Littleton Area Learning Center, 646 Union Street, Suite 600, Littleton, NH 03561
- March 26, 2010 from 1:00p-4:00p in Hearing Room A, NH PUC
- RFP Subcommittee
- March 12, 2010
- March 1, 2010 from 10:00a-12:00n in Hearing Room B, NH PUC
- January 22, 2010 from 1:00-4:00 in Hearing Room A, NH PUC.
- December 21, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the LOB, Room 304.
- November 20, 2009 from 2:30-4:00 in Hearing Room A, NH PUC.
- November 24, 2008 Meeting
- October 27, 2008 Meeting
- September 29, 2008 Meeting
- The first meeting of the commission to develop a plan for the expansion of transmission capacity in the North Country as established by SB 383, was held on Thursday, August, 21, 2008 at 10:00 am in the Concord Office of the NH Public Utilities Commission.
NH Public Utilities Commission Background Report on NH Transmission Infrastructure to the NH General Court (12/1/07)
New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission Background Report on New Hampshire Transmission Infrastructure to the New Hampshire General Court - (12/1/07)
- Appendix A - Electricity Transmission, A Primer, June, 2004
- Appendix B - Texas Senate Bill 20, 2005
- Appendix C - FERC Order Granting Petition for Declaratory Order, California ISO Corporation
- Appendix D - Colorado Senate Bill 07-091
- Appendix E - Idaho PUC Decision, August 28, 2007
- Appendix F - FERC Order Accepting Proposed Tariff Sheets, September 7, 2007
- Appendix G - NECPUC Staff Report on Transmission Cost Allocation, June 15, 2007
For additional background information and links please go to:
To learn more about and/or comment on the December FERC Technical Conference on the Interconnection Queue, please go to
The Public Utilities Commission appreciates the input of the numerous stakeholders who have participated in the discussions about upgrading and expanding the electric transmission system in northern New Hampshire. Those discussions have proved very helpful in developing the Report. The Commission also recognizes the valuable assistance of ISO New England in preparing Section 2.2 of the Report and Northeast Utilities and National Grid in preparing Section 3.1.
Resources and Links